Monday, January 16, 2023

My Personal Experience with Wine

     Hi, my name is Hannah Brown.  I like to believe that compared to other college students I have a good amount of knowledge on wine.  Now, I may be incorrect about this assumption, but I have been to several monthly wine tastings and have essentially tried every wine Cooper's Hawk has to offer.  This is a chain restaurant and wine tasting place around the United States.  My family also loves to drink wine and they have done so all my life.

    Besides the wine tastings I have done in the U.S., I also traveled abroad and tasted a lot of different wines and other alcoholic drinks around Europe.  In the past I always ask what is recommended to drink at every place I visit.  I would also say I am always open to trying everything at least once.  My first experience with trying to swirl, sniff, and sip wine was during a quarantine period in Switzerland. 

    My favorite wine is a more dry white wine, such as chardonnay or sauvignon blanc.  Thus far in the wines I have tasted I have never enjoyed any red wine.  I am hoping in this class I grow my appreciation in all wine, but hopefully start to enjoy red wine more.  Wine is my favorite drink of choice and I want to really learn what type of wine pairs with what type of food.  I am looking forward to doing this much more as the semester progresses.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Beringer Main & Vine White Zinfandel

  Name: Beringer Main & Vine White Zinfandel Variety: Zinfandel Region: Sonoma, CA Country: USA Year: 2022 Price: $9.48 Wine review: ...