Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Tasting - Beringer Main & Vine Pink Moscato

 Name: Beringer Main & Vine

Variety: Blend of Muscat of Alexandria and Pink Muscat

Country of Origin: Sonoma, California, 

Year: no year

Price: $5.98 from Walmart

Critic Review: The Beringer Pink Moscato is not only a beautiful rosy-pink hue, but it is also extravagantly perfumed with luxurious aromas of creamy white peaches, caramel and honeysuckle. The luscious passion fruit and honeydew melon flavors are sweet, creamy and balanced with nice acidity. A hint of vanilla leads to an opulent finish.

Wine Folly: Muscat of Alexandria tastes like mandarin orange, honey, lychee, peach skin, white flowers (pg. 313).  I smell the flower upon first sniff.  I also believe I smell the lychee when smelling the wine because there is that note of sweet.

Review: I like this wine, but it is a little sweet for my normal preferences.  I believe I can taste the honey and lychee in sweetness.  I really do not pick up any inklings of the mandarin orange.  This wine feels more like a wine to drink before dinner with a fruit charcuterie board or else as a dessert wine.  I would not pair it with any heavy dinner or hor d'oeuvres.  Overall an okay wine, but not my favorite.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beringer Main & Vine White Zinfandel

  Name: Beringer Main & Vine White Zinfandel Variety: Zinfandel Region: Sonoma, CA Country: USA Year: 2022 Price: $9.48 Wine review: ...