Thursday, January 26, 2023

Tasting - Andre Brut "Champagne"

 Name: Andre Brut, Sparkling Wine

Variety: Rare white blend
Region: California

Country: USA

Year: 2022

Price: $7.47


Wine Review: Green pale straw color with fine tiny bubbles appearing for a long time in a glass. Sweet citrus, pear and sweet ruby grapefruit with bitterness like zest.


Wine Folly: It is supposed to have hints of citrus, yellow apple, cream, almond, and toast.  I smelled a more fruity, citrus side of the wine.  I would say probably lemon, this is definitely from the acidity it has.


My review: On first taste I can taste a little bit of that more acid citrus, but as you swirl it around the mouth it gets a little bit warmer and nutter, so I believe that is a hint of the almond there. Overall I really enjoyed this. I think it is a great, cheap sparkling wine. My only qualm with this wine is that it calls itself a Champagne, when it is from California.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Beringer Main & Vine White Zinfandel

  Name: Beringer Main & Vine White Zinfandel Variety: Zinfandel Region: Sonoma, CA Country: USA Year: 2022 Price: $9.48 Wine review: ...