Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Tasting - Dark Horse Pinot Grigio

 Name: Dark Horse

Variety: 76.95% Pinot Grigio, 7.05% Chardonnay, 6% Viognier, 6.12% Gewurtztraminer

Country of Origin: Modesto, C.A., U.S.A.

Year: 2021

Price: $7.99 from Ghetto Kroger

Critic Review: Delicate aromas of Anjou pear and lemon blossom lead to juicy, crisp and vivid green-apple and lemon-lime flavors in this well-balanced and refreshing wine (WE-90).

Wine Folly: Pinot Grigio is supposed to have flavors of white peach, lemon zest, cantaloupe, raw almond, crushed gravel (pg. 331) When swirling and smelling the wine, I smelled the lemon zest.  

Review: When tasting the wine, I taste the lemon zest the most and slight cantaloupe or peach from sweetness. I believe I can taste the gravel in the dryness and how crisp it is.  I did not really taste the other elements.  I really enjoyed this wine.  It is not super overpowering on the taste buds or sickly sweet.  I think this is a very nice table wine that can casually be drank at dinner with friends and family.

Disclaimer: This is one of my first reviews.  I hope to get better at tasting different flavors.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Beringer Main & Vine White Zinfandel

  Name: Beringer Main & Vine White Zinfandel Variety: Zinfandel Region: Sonoma, CA Country: USA Year: 2022 Price: $9.48 Wine review: ...