Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Tasting - Fetzer, Gewurztraminer

 Name: Fetzer, Gewurztraminer

Variety: Gewurztraminer

Region: California

Country: USA

Year: 2022

Price: $13.99


Wine Review: 

WS | Wine Enthusiast, 88

In the mouth, crisp green apple, honeyed apricot and peach flavors meld with the traditional spicy flavors of Gewürztraminer. This medium-bodied wine's off-dry style strikes the perfect balance between its sweetness and bright, crisp acidity.


Wine Folly: 

It says that there should be hints of lychee, rose, grapefruit, tangerine, and ginger. It pairs great with Indian and Moroccan cuisine do to its sweet floral aromatics and ginger-like spice.


My Review:
Upon first sniff, I smell citrus, nothing specific.  There may be some apple as well.  It also has a smooth quality to it like honey.  I taste apple and honey.  It got a little spicy when swirling it.  I have tried this wine before and I liked it then.  It has held up to my standards.  I would recommend it to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beringer Main & Vine White Zinfandel

  Name: Beringer Main & Vine White Zinfandel Variety: Zinfandel Region: Sonoma, CA Country: USA Year: 2022 Price: $9.48 Wine review: ...