Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Tasting - The Crossings, Sauvignon Blanc

 Name: The Crossings, Sauvignon Blanc

Variety: 99% Sauvignon Blanc, 1% Riesling

Region: Marlborough, New Zealand

Country: New Zealand

Year: 2021

Price: $12.99


Wine Review:

WS | Wine Enthusiast, 89

Bright and tropical, with passion fruit and pink grapefruit aromas and flavors. They come together in a plump, medium-bodied wine that finishes soft and easy true crowd-pleaser.


Wine Folly:

There should be hints of passionfruit, kiwi, pea shoot, jasmine, and ripe pear.  It should have green tropical fruit notes with a little residual sugar and high acidity.


My Review:
It smells slightly vegetative to me, possibly of peas.  It smells slightly buttery to me.  It is savory to drink. The vegetative came out more with drinking.  I have had Sauvignon Blanc before, but this is very different.  I say I like the other Sauvignon Blanc better, but this is not bad.  I would recommend the other Sauvignon Blanc to others over this one from New Zealand.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Beringer Main & Vine White Zinfandel

  Name: Beringer Main & Vine White Zinfandel Variety: Zinfandel Region: Sonoma, CA Country: USA Year: 2022 Price: $9.48 Wine review: ...