Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Tasting - Zinfandel, Scotto Family Cellars

 Name: Scotto Family Cellars Old Vine Zinfandel

Variety: 100% Zinfandel

Region: California

Country: USA

Year: 2017

Price: $10.99


Wine Review:

Scotto Family Cellars Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel has aromas of blueberry pie, cola, cherry and black liquorice. It is rich, juicy and alluring on the palate with flavors of ripe red summer berries, cranberry, and hints of cinnamon and pepper. The long and delicious aftertaste is worthy of the history and work that has gone into those old vines all these many years. 


Wine Folly: 

There should be hints of blackberry, strawberry, peach preserves, cinnamon, sweet tobacco. It is ideal to pair with Turkish, Moroccan, and Arabic cuisine. 


My Review: This smells darker than the other red wines I have tried.  I would say cherry or a darker berry.  Definitely fruity.  It is a little herby.  It is definitely spicy when you drink the first sip.  I cannot distinguish much other taste.  The spice is very overwhelming to me.  I would rate it a 5/10 for me.  I would pick it if I wanted a darker red wine to drink.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Beringer Main & Vine White Zinfandel

  Name: Beringer Main & Vine White Zinfandel Variety: Zinfandel Region: Sonoma, CA Country: USA Year: 2022 Price: $9.48 Wine review: ...