Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Tasting - Pinot Noir, Chateau Souverain

 Name: Chateau Souverain, Pinot Noir

Variety: Pinot Noir

Region: California

Country: USA

Year: 2021

Price: $12.99


Wine Review:

Chateau Souverain Pinot Noir opens with dark red fruit aromas reminiscent of cherry and raspberry. Notes of fresh blueberries are complemented by hints of clove and vanilla. The wine finishes with cleansing acidity and a fruit-driven balance that gives the wine a polished sense of elegance.


Wine Folly: A popular red wine that has hints of cherry, raspberry, clove, mushroom, and vanilla. It could pair well with duck, chicken, pork, or mushrooms.


My Review: I definitely smell a berry.  I would say not cherry because it is a lighter scent, so either raspberry or blackberry.  When I drink it, I get a spice on the back of my tongue.  I would probably say it is like cloves.  It is a little bit of caramel, specifically butterscotch.  As a non-red wine drinker, this is not a bad red wine.  I would recommend it to people who want to try red and can handle the drier tastes of a red wine.  Someone who only drinks sweet wine would not enjoy this.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Beringer Main & Vine White Zinfandel

  Name: Beringer Main & Vine White Zinfandel Variety: Zinfandel Region: Sonoma, CA Country: USA Year: 2022 Price: $9.48 Wine review: ...